Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Start of Something


This is awesome. The VISA is in hand and the final packing has began (as you can see). I feels so good to know this departure is concrete and that the goodbyes are actually the real thing. I'm not sad in the least bit. Okay I did get tear prickles saying goodbye to all my friends, but so far my excitement is just overriding everything else. If I would have left earlier I bet I would have been more sad but now I'm just relieved to have a boarding pass. I guess there were some good things about having a late date.
So pretty much I found out Wednesday night that the VISA was on its way, and that if all went well we would be leaving Thursday night for Seattle to fly out from SeaTac on Friday morning. This hasn't given us much of a warning so today my mom and I around like crazy until everything was in order.
I didn't think that I would struggle with luggage, seeing how I barely scape by on clothes here, so when both of my suitcases were over 50 pounds it came as a bit of a shock. After removing the full sized shampoo, the second can of shave gel, the second bar of soap and second box of graham crackers (for smores of course) and my yearbook, it weighted out under 50.
Skype is ready to go on the new laptop that I bought. (It's the cutest little thing I've ever seen, a bit smaller than a piece of paper. And in honor of Wenatchee I christened it Skookum.)
Thanks to everyone, the DeRocks, Jim Adamson and the Sunrise Rotary Club, my family, alllll my friends and anyone else who has worked to make tomorrow possible. You are all fantastic.
I've been vaccinated for Yellow Fever and I'm armed with my trusty Spanish-English dictionary.
WOOHOO! I'm ready.

1 comment:

  1. I have TEARS knowing you are on your way...'BOUT TIME DAMMIT!!!! I can't wait for the updates.

    I'm sure I'll be getting a phone call in about an hour or so from your mom with her crying too!

    Mom, dad, Rich (my Rich, not your...) and I will be toasting your departure in a few days.

    Have a great time (duh) and remember we are here if you have questions.

    ReplyDelete